Saturday, March 19, 2011

The other day on face book I asked if anyone had questions for me.  I got a lot of good questions, which I will answer in a blog post soon, but for right now I just wanted to share this.

Today I went to the market for the first time.  I have been to several of the small grocery stores in town, but I had not been to the market until today.  I would have just posted this picture on face book...but I though it deserved it's own post.    I asked her if I could take her picture and she nodded yes.  She, of course,  was very serious while I was taking it.  Then when I was done her mom said "show her" so I did.  I knelt down in front of her and showed her the picture and she broke out into the most beautiful grin...Africa is like that.  It is easy to see the dirt and poverty that is on the outside...and you miss the beauty of what's on the inside.  I hope you will all take a minute today to look past the skin of this world, to see more than a little girl sitting in the dirt, and see things the way Jesus sees them.  Through the eyes of Love. In this world there will always be sorrow, and pain, and poverty, both physical and spiritual.  We can choose to see only the sorrow and the pain of this world, or we can keep our gaze upon Christ, who makes all things new.   
Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:  But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:  For where your treasure is, there you heart will be also.
Matthew 6:19-21  

1 comment:

  1. Morgan, this is beautifully written! I love this post. I think going to Uganda must be the most amazing thing. I've wanted to go to Africa for years. It's funny how we both developed the same interests and passions, even though we don't see each other NEAR as much as I'd like.
    Love ya, Savannah. :)

    ReplyDelete